Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious means, well, basically nothing.
Immortalized by the musical theatrical Marry Poppins in 1964, this tongue twisting, mind rattling word is often used to pretend to say something wise even though all that is uttered is gibberish potpourri.

Monday, July 9, 2012

la passion de moi

Found the draft of this piece of literature somewhere in the old pile of papers from my TimeMachine. Wrote this sometime before the Class X board examinations, March 2005.
Memories sure do know how to play a trick or two..
I wonder whether I'd feel the same of the stuff I write now-days when I go through it 10 years down the line. I guess I'd save a blog entry for that moment as well.
Here it goes. The original title of the poem was "When Passion = Trouble"


"
I wonder I wonder I wonder day and night,
Is it me only in this world to face such a plight?
To have my passion as my enemy,
Something I don’t get why people envy.
My passion is cricket
Yes! Cricket is my passion.
I prefer it to any type of fashion.

Yet this thing, cricket,
Has been of my downfall a ticket.
I love to play the sport, I really do!
But this leads me into great trouble too.

Whenever I’m back from play late,
I’m literally made to stand outside the gate.
Whenever I want to watch it on TV,
Papa opts for news and sis for Channel [V].

I don’t know why, but I’m obsessed with cricket,
It does apparently empty my pocket.
I dream about it every time,
Whether it is time to sleep or to dine.
Even when I’m alone or with some buddy,
It always is like a kabab mein haddi.

It does interfere in my studies
Distracting me with amazing ease.
So much so that I’m writing this poem,
Rather than solving my impending math theorem.

But now enough is enough
I must get rid of this bluff,
And concentrate on the job at hand,
To get through the boards with flying colors.
And then perhaps, I may return
To give my fortunes a churn,
And give a shot at my passion
The one I prefer over any type of fashion.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carry On!