Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious means, well, basically nothing.
Immortalized by the musical theatrical Marry Poppins in 1964, this tongue twisting, mind rattling word is often used to pretend to say something wise even though all that is uttered is gibberish potpourri.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Why Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Well, frankly I don't recall around when was he first time I came across this word. It was definitely while watching the movie Marry Poppins back in Nairobi. I recall humming the tune of the song, though had no idea what the word was. It was, a very long, some time after that in Delhi when I got this word again. Chachiji, was amused by some of Amrit - Ranjodh's antics and began humming the tune that was registered somewhere in my head.

After some google-ing and youtube-ing I finally got to the real word and song I had been searching for since childhood. Since then, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious has been a part of my life. I had put it on trial during college. Whenever I felt that there is a need of something to say, without having any idea about the dialogue going on, this word has come to my rescue. More like my Patronus charm. The word gives the other person(s) an impression of me saying something intelligent and gets the attention of the listener(s) at an instant. It has so far had a 100% success in sending the initial conversation for a six till I have been able to conjure something more meaningful to contribute in the ongoing convo.
I can safely say that I managed to get quite some following on this word for its totally 'out-of-this-world-ness'.

Naming a blog on this word? Well, just something to keep conversations from getting blank. Some thing that spells out to catch your attention. Whether or not it manages to deliver to its name is for you to decide.

In retrospect, there are oh-so-many blogs by this name. So hardly makes a difference. And, anyway, what's in a name?

Peace!

1 comment:

Carry On!